A recent study from MoneyGeek has revealed that the five most dangerous roads in Georgia are all located in the Atlanta metro region. What’s worse: the danger isn’t the roads themselves, but the driving behaviors of roadway users. The study mapped all fatal traffic accidents in Georgia from 2018-2020, using data obtained from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). What the results showed was that nearly 40 percent of the state’s fatal crashes were the result of drunk driving, speeding, or both. The state’s most dangerous roads, according to the number of fatal accidents involved, include:
- Moreland Avenue from S. River Industrial Boulevard to Wylie Street.
- Georgia Highway 85 from I-75 to Springdale Drive.
- I-285 from the Bouldercrest Road exit to the I-20 interchange.
- I-285 between the Camp Creek Parkway interchange and the Riverdale Road exit.
- I-20 from Panola Road to Candler Road.