Injured in Atlanta? Speak to an Injury Specialist at Cambre Law And Get The Answers You Deserve.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Atlanta
Every year, thousands of cases are filed in trial courts all over the United States for a number of reasons. In fact, in 2005 alone, it is estimated that there were 26,950 tort trials, which includes personal injury, contract, and real property trials in state courts nationwide. This equals out to 539 trials per state. These figures are not surprising, considering that most cases are settled outside of court.
However, the cases that did go to trial demonstrate the value of an experienced personal injury lawyer. Of the nearly 27,000 trials in 2005, 68% (18,404) were decided by juries, and 54% of the jury trials held ended in favor of the plaintiff, with 6.3% (1,159) ending in an award to the plaintiff of one million dollars or more in damages. However, none of these trials would be possible without aggressive legal representation.
At the Law Offices of Cambre and Associates, our personal injury attorneys have successfully represented the victims of accidents in and around Atlanta. Our team of seasoned attorneys will analyze your legal case and determine the best course of action to get you on the road to physical and financial recovery.
Practice Areas We Handle
At Cambre & Associates, because our personal injury lawyers are dedicated to helping as many accident victims as possible, our team of personal injury attorneys maintain a legal practice that accepts a wide array of personal injury cases.
Each of these areas of personal injury law have their own unique set of rules, and every personal injury case that our personal injury lawyers accept is unique. However, our attorneys have extensive legal expertise in every area of personal injury law that we practice in, as well as an unmatched amount of experience in complex personal injury litigation.
Common Personal Injuries in Personal Injury Cases
As you may be aware, personal injury accidents come in many forms, and often, the injuries an accident victim sustains as a result of a personal injury accident can be just as unique as the accident itself. However, there are certain types of injuries that personal injury accident victims tend to sustain more than others such as:
- Bulging or Herniated Discs in the Spine: This injury is commonly sustained in car accidents, bus accidents, truck accidents, slip and fall accidents, etc. and it is normally caused by trauma to the spine that results in a spinal disc or discs becoming irritated, inflamed, or rupturing.
- Concussions: This injury is also knowns as a mild traumatic brain injury (TBI), and it is caused by a bump or blow to the skull that interrupts normal brain functioning. Although falls are the leading cause of concussions in the U.S., individuals involved in any type of motor vehicular accident or that are a victim of elderly abuse can sustain this type of injury as well.
- Torn Muscles: Sustaining a torn muscle injury can take many forms. For example, whiplash is a type of torn muscle injury that is commonly sustained by car accident victims. The most common cause of whiplash is an impact that causes a sudden jolt to the neck causing the muscle fibers in the neck to tear. You can sustain a torn muscle on almost any part of your body, and it is typically caused by a sudden impact that causes a part of your body to move in an unnatural manner.
The personal injury lawyers at Cambre and Associates have extensive experience in handling personal injury cases involving accident victims that have sustained catastrophic injuries. Catastrophic injuries can be sustained by medical malpractice victims, car accident victims, victims of extreme elderly abuse, etc. These types of personal injury cases are unique, because they require a personal injury lawyer to have an intimate understanding of how a catastrophic injury will affect an accident victim in the future in order to articulate that impact on a victim’s life to a jury. Moreover, a personal injury attorney that handles catastrophic injury cases needs a thorough understanding of how to properly calculate an accident victim’s future medical needs in order to properly calculate an accident victim’s damages. Common examples of catastrophic injuries sustained by accident victims include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe traumatic brain injuries
- Vertebral fractures
- Injuries that leave an accident victim in a permanent vegetative state such as a coma
Why you Need a Personal Injury Lawyer
Unbeknownst to most people, personal injury lawyers provide their clients with multiple services throughout the course of every case a personal injury attorney accepts. The main reason most people are unaware of all of the services their personal injury attorney provides them with stems from a misunderstanding of what a personal injury lawyer does in each case. For starters, lawyers are tasked with being subject matter experts in their field. This point is demonstrated by the fact that every personal injury attorney at Cambre and Associates has earned a juris doctor degree, which simply means a doctorate of law degree, but law school only gives a lawyer some of the tools they need to practice law in the real world. Every case that a personal injury attorney accepts requires the lawyer to, among other things, perform the following services for their client:
- Gather evidence and ensure that the evidence gathered is admissible: Not all evidence is admissible in a court of law, and the rules concerning what evidence is admissible and how that evidence can be submitted are often dictated by a combination of statutes, and binding legal precedent that articulates the process a personal injury attorney and plaintiff must go through in order to submit evidence
- Interpret and apply the law: This service has two parts. On the one hand, a personal injury lawyer must interpret statutes, which is the law as it is written by the state or federal legislature. However, Georgia and the U.S. have a judicial system that recognizes legal president, which is a higher court’s interpretation and application of the law in a certain cases. Binding president can affect how a law is applied in a certain situation or throughout the entire state or country, and thus, researching state and federal case law on a particular legal subject is a critical service that a personal injury attorney performs for their client.
- Cross examining witnesses: To successfully execute a personal injury case in court, a personal injury lawyer must prove certain elements in court in order to prevail. The elements of proof for each type of personal injury claim can vary, but one of the primary ways an attorney gathers evidence is through sworn testimony. A personal injury lawyer will often take the testimony of witnesses either at trial or through depositions, but in both instances, the lawyer must ask the witness questions in a manner that can both provide the attorney with information and that serves to accomplish the lawyer’s ultimate goal which is to prove the necessary elements needed for their client to prevail in court.
This list is not all inclusive, but rather, it articulates some of the more complex aspects of practicing personal injury law. Being able to perform all of the legal tasks needed to bring a personal injury claim to a successful conclusion takes years of education, practice, and experience that cannot be learned in small amount of time by someone without legal training. As such, although most people may be unaware of all of the services a personal injury attorney performs for their clients, they do recognize that they need to have their cases handled by legal experts, and thus, they employ the services of an experience personal injury lawyer.
Our Expertise at Cambre & Associates
At Cambre and Associates, our law firm consists of five personal injury attorneys who come from diverse legal backgrounds with previous practice experience in areas of law such as personal injury law, criminal law, family law, and immigration law. Moreover, some of our lawyers are licensed to practice in multiple states, and have been admitted to both state and federal courts across the state of Georgia. Our clients benefit from the various unique legal backgrounds that each of our personal injury attorneys have, and this aspect of our practice allows our clients to have the benefit of knowing that every personal injury attorney at Cambre and Associates has an extensive amount of education and trial experience.
Moreover, the personal injury lawyers at Cambre and Associates have the legal skills necessary to handle cases that involve complex personal injury litigation and that require specialized knowledge of various areas of law such as medical and legal malpractice cases, catastrophic injury claims, and commercial vehicle accident claims. Each of these types of personal injury claims and others that are handled by the personal injury attorneys at our firm require either an intimate knowledge of a very specific area of state law such as medical malpractice or an understanding of the interplay between state and federal law such as commercial vehicle accidents.
Personal Injury FAQ
As an accidents victim, you are going to have a host of different questions, but some questions are more common than others. So, in an effort to ensure that you have the answers to some of the most common and critical personal injury questions, we compiled a list of answers to some of the most common and important questions most accident victims ask our personal injury attorneys.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in georgia? Two years in most cases.
Should I give a recorded statement to an adjuster in a personal injury case? You should never give a recorded statement without first speaking with a personal injury attorney
Should I get evaluated by a doctor after being involved in an accident? In the abundance of caution, you should always get evaluated by doctor after being involved in an accident. This will not only ensure that your injuries are not life threatening, but also, it will allow you to document the extent of your injuries after an accident.
How much is my case worth? Every personal injury case is different, and every accident victim sustains different types of injuries that vary in intensity. As such, you normally can’t estimate the value of a case at the beginning of the litigation process
Do you offer free consultations? Yes, feel free to contact our office to schedule a free consultation even if you are unsure whether or not you can file a claim. One of the most damaging things you can do in a personal injury case is delay speaking with a personal injury attorney who can begin working on your claim immediately.
I was involved in a hit and run car accident. Can I still file a claim? If you have uninsured motorist coverage, you may be able to file a claim against your own uninsured motorist policy.
What are some of the common things people seek compensation for in a personal injury case? Medical bills, lost wages, future medical expenses, pain and suffering, mental anguish
Personal Injury Attorney at Cambre & Associates
The personal injury attorneys at Cambre and Associates understand the effect a negligent injury can have on your life, but you don’t have to face this stressful situation alone. At Cambre and Associates, our personal injury lawyers will explain the rights that are afforded to you by law, evaluate your claim, gather evidence and testimony on your behalf, and aggressively seek the appropriate resolution to your case that you deserve. Call our office today for a free consultation and find out how some of Atlanta’s best personal injury attorneys can help you.
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Lyft & Uber Accidents
- Taxicab Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Nursing Home & Elder Abuse
- Public Transportation Vehicle Accidents
- Premise Liability
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Dog Bite
- Workers’ Compensations
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
INJURED AND ITS NOT YOUR FAULT?
The personal injury attorneys of Cambre & Associates represent clients in Atlanta, Georgia and surrounding areas. If you endured a serious injury or lost a friend or family member to a wrongful death, you deserve the chance to seek damages from the individual or organization that may be lawfully responsible. At Cambre & Associates, there are no fees and no cost to you if you file a personal injury claim and there is no recovery. The trauma of being in an accident can be very stressful and burdensome. Worrying about insurance companies and medical bills can be overwhelming and confusing.
WE ARE ON YOUR SIDE
Cambre & Associates are the personal injury lawyers Atlanta trusts. We will work with the insurance parties to negotiate your settlement; to pay for all medical bills and recover legal fees. There is no cost to you. Additional compensation for pain and suffering or punitive damages depends on your particular case and Cambre & Associates’ attorneys will work hard to obtain the highest payment for you and your family. Most settlements are handled out of court, but in some instances, Cambre & Associates will provide legal support in litigation of your claim. Let’s get through this together!